Sunday, August 17, 2008

Beautiful Yosemite


Aly... Our trip to California was quick and in my opinion a good time..Lib may beg to differ. Flying there with all of Brad's climbing stuff and our camping stuff was a bit tedious but we lived and learned. Here we are on our first day in San Francisco, David's last day of work at Adobe. We just kind of hung out in the city and then met up with him after he was done working. When Lib and I lived here we never visited Coit Tower so we hiked up the hill to check it out.
On Saturday we headed to Yosemite! I wouldn't advise going in August because of the crowds down in the valley but most of our time was spent up in the Towalame Meadows area so it wasn't too bad. This is Sunday, on our way down into the valley. The view from this spot was amazing.
We found an LDS service in the afternoon held in this little chapel in the valley. It was awsome, 45 minutes long and we could wear our camping clothes.
We visited the Ahwahnee Hotel which has been open since 1927. I remember my friend Suzi showing me pictures of this hotel and had always wanted to see it. It was beautiful.
Behind the Ahwahnee Hotel near the Merced River.
Leaving Curry Village..before we headed up to the Meadows area.


I am not sure what Brad was teasing about here.. but notice the view behind us of Half Dome and El Capitan..

The next day we spent hiking and climbing. Davd and Brad found a easy route for Lib and me.

Brad whipping Lib..to get her moving up the wall.

Brad teaching me my first climbing knot. Make a loop and poke it in the eye.

Look..proof that I acutally tried to climb, it wasn't too bad.

We moved to a more difficult route and watched Dave and Brad climb.

It was a good trip. We need to go as a family and either go in May or September after you get home. Love you!

0 comments: